Cold weather is finally here. Time to don a coat and scarf and embrace all the fun these months have in store. And of course you want to look good doing it as well.
To help you find that perfect look, author and singer/songwriter Tanille Edwards offers her top five beauty tips inspired by her latest romance novel “Broken” – the tale of Milan, a high school senior who is hearing impaired as well as being a burgeoning supermodel. Like Milan, Tanille’s tips aim to help you conquer your insecurities and find a look that’s uniquely your own.
* Pack your tool kit. Never leave home without moisturizer, eyeliner inside the lower lash line and lip gloss. You never know when any of these items will be called into action.
* Create eye-catching eyes. Pump up your eye color by coordinating a complementary smokey eye for a look everyone will notice and no one will forget.
* Go for the gold. Looking for an angelic look? Try gold bronzer on the surfaces that the sun kisses like your forehead, the bridge of your nose and your cheeks. This will keep your skin looking radiant and protected as well.
* Make the unnatural natural. Use a light sweet pink blush and apply it before you apply concealer for a look that’s very natural. Once you’re finished, line your inner lower lids with white eye liner and use a black eyeliner to complement your upper lash line. Finally, apply mascara but remember to go light.
* Don’t be afraid to coordinate your look. Going matchy-matchy with your eye shadow and outfits isn’t always a bad thing. If you are going for a more causal weekend look consider going with a very light dusting of eye shadow. Choose a shade that matches your outfit. This will give you a put together look without a lot of effort.
Applying any of these tips will give you a fresh new look, so don’t delay. Get creative because redefining yourself is something you can do and enjoy every single day.