Barbados Police seeks help in leaked report involving former deputy speakerNeil Rowe

Barbados Police Commissioner, Richard Boyce, has confirmed that lawmen are seeking assistance from their counterparts overseas in determining who leaked a confidential internal police report in a case involving the former deputy speaker of Parliament, Neil Rowe.

- Advertisement -
Journey to Kingston-728x90

Rowe, 43 has been charged with having sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent or was reckless as to whether she consented on September 18 last year.

He was not required to plead to the indictable charge when he appeared before Magistrate Deidre McKenna on October 24.

The accused was granted BDS$10,000 (One BDS$=US$0.50 cents) bail and will re-appear in court January 30.

In his Christmas message, the Police Commissioner said the apparent breach of confidentiality that originated from within the constabulary does not accurately represent the force.

“During the year, there was an apparent breach of confidentiality relating to a report that was made to us for investigation. We condemn such behavior in the strongest terms. This does not accurately represent who we are,” he said.

Palooza 728x90

Rowe’s attorney, King Counsel, Roger Forde, had during his client’s first court appearance last year, called for whoever is responsible for leaking the police report purportedly given by his client’s accuser to be held accountable.

The court also urged the police commissioner to deal with the matter.

Boyce told the online publication, Barbados TODAY that the key to a possible breakthrough in the investigations may depend on the technology.

- Advertisement -
Uber Free Rides 728x90

“That investigation is continuing. We have reached a stage where we are engaging our partners overseas because it is heavily based on the technological aspect of it. So, we are waiting on that information to come to us.

“We are hoping that we would get results in the near future, but we are progressing, looking at all angles. All avenues that are out there we are following them and hoping that we will get it over as soon as possible,” he added.

CMC/

 

More Stories

beaches resorts turks

Beaches unveils US$150m luxury village in Turks and Caicos, announces regional expansion

Beaches Resorts has unveiled its US$150 million Treasure Beach Village in Turks and Caicos, marking what executives describe as the beginning of a new...
Island Routes

Caribbean tourism shifts toward luxury, personalized experiences, Island Routes says

Luxury and personalization are increasingly shaping the future of Caribbean tourism, according to David Shields, Vice President, Groups & Private Experiences at Island Routes....

Bahamas opposition demands probe after drug trafficking allegations linked to crash survivor

Opposition leaders in The Bahamas are calling for a formal investigation into a suspected drug trafficker who survived a recent plane crash near Florida...
Guyana’s President Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali

Guyana President Ali urges restraint on transport fares as global fuel pressures rise

Guyana's President Mohamed Irfaan Ali has called on public transport operators and other service providers to avoid steep fare increases, warning that consumers should...

Belize reports 8 measles cases, urges public vigilance amid regional health alert

The Belize Ministry of Health and Wellness is urging residents to remain vigilant following a rise in measles cases linked to international travel and...
Miami-Dade announce project to help safeguard homeowners against water damage and flooding

Rotary expands Haiti water initiative aiming to reach 70,000 people by 2030

Rotary International is expanding a major water and sanitation initiative in Haiti aimed at improving living conditions and reducing waterborne diseases in some of...
Regional leaders accepting US decision to deport illegal Caribbean nationals

St. Kitts receives first group of US deportees from Jamaica, Belize

The Government of St Kitts and Nevis has confirmed the arrival of the first group of third-country nationals transferred from the United States under...
Jamaica hurricane melissa

Jamaica gets US$200 million in hurricane disaster protection from World Bank

After last year’s record-devastating Hurricane Melissa — which caused an estimated US$8.8 billion in damage across Jamaica — the World Bank has increased the...
CPL

CPL and UWI relaunch sports marketing internship for 2026 season

The Republic Bank Caribbean Premier League (CPL), in partnership with the University of the West Indies (UWI) Faculty of Sport, has announced the return...

Grenada wins Gold at RHS Chelsea Flower Show for 19th time

Grenada has secured another Gold Medal at the 2026 RHS Chelsea Flower Show in London, bringing its total to 19 golds and marking nine...

Latest Articles