Share the sweetness of the holidays with a new kind of cookie exchange
‘Tis officially the holiday season, and what better way to get in the spirit than sharing sweet treats with family and friends. This year, we invite you to wow your loved ones by putting a twist on the traditional cookie exchange. Featuring delicious, no-bake treats and a gifting station for your guests, there will certainly be cause for celebration. To kick off your perfect, but certainly not average cookie exchange, start with a classic Chocolate Scotcheroos recipe made with KARO:
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup KARO Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
What you’ll do:
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch pan and pat into place.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal. Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars.
- Recipe Note: Almond butter may be substituted for the peanut butter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cool Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 24 bars
If you’re looking to take your cookies to the next level, make Festive Scotcheroos with peppermint or color them green and shape them into Christmas Trees. Visit karosyrup.com for these variations, and more, on this classic recipe.