Six nuns and two others, abducted in Haiti last week, have been released, the archbishop of Port-au-Prince told The Associated Press.
Archbishop Max Leroy Mésidor announced that they were released on Wednesday and are said to be in good health.
However, details such as whether a ransom was paid or the identities of the abductors, remain undisclosed.
Read more:
- Haitian schools operated by abducted nuns shut down indefinitely
- Pope Francis calls for release of hostages kidnapped in Haiti
Religious leaders condemn government inaction
Religious leaders have issued a powerful letter, condemning the government’s inaction in addressing the escalating gang-related violence plaguing Haiti. This high-profile kidnapping serves as a stark wake-up call for the nation’s ongoing security crisis.














