Want to up the ante for breakfast without spending any extra morning time in the kitchen? Try this recipe for delicious overnight oats that can be made in the evening and customized for each family member.
Protein Power Packed Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
Courtesy of WhipperBerry.com
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled-oats
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup fresh blueberries and raspberries
Large spoonful of Jif(R) Peanut Butter and Naturally Flavored Cinnamon Spread (or Maple if you prefer!)
1 to 1-1/2 cups milk (basically cover what’s in your jar)
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
What you’ll do::
1. In a large jar, layer your ingredients starting with about a 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
2. Then add about a 1/2 cup of your favorite yogurt, your favorite nuts and fruit.
3. Next, add a spoonful of Jif(R) Peanut Butter and Naturally Flavored Cinnamon Spread
4. If you want, add chia seeds and a drizzle of honey and vanilla extract.
5. Cover with your favorite kind of milk. You can use cow, almond, coconut or soy milk.
6. Gently stir your ingredients, top with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, you’ll have a jar full of yummy oatmeal ready and waiting for you.