Jerk Shrimp Skewers
Shrimp is always in season, especially in the Caribbean! Try this easy and quick meal to mix up the same old family meal. This recipe works great for a family get together or a back yard meet up. The recipe calls for a fruit salad, but it can be replaced with rice, lettuce, bread or pasta. Share your meal photos with us on Facebook and Instagram!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- and 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- cooking spray
What you’ll do:
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine first 7 ingredients.
3. Combine oil and shrimp in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
4. Sprinkle spice mixture over shrimp; toss to coat.
5. Thread shrimp evenly onto 8 (8-inch) skewers.
6. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Combine 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, and 2 teaspoons cider vinegar. (Can be replaced with other meal substitutions including rice, lettuce or pasta.)