PM Keith Rowley Goes into Quarantine After Being Exposed to COVID-19

keith rowley trinidad

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley last week Friday said he had gone into voluntary quarantine after he had been exposed to a person suffering from the coronavirus (COVID-19) on August 10, election day.

In a message posted on his Facebook page, Rowley, 71, said that it had come to his attention on Thursday night that on the night of the election “I was exposed to someone who later tested positive for Covid-19.

“I have been tested and the results are negative. Out of an abundance of caution I have been advised to remain in quarantine at home until next Monday when the full fourteen day period would have expired,” Rowley wrote.

Rowley, who was sworn into office on Wednesday at the head of a new 22-member Cabinet, said that given the circumstances under which “we all now live I once again take this opportunity to appeal to all citizens to each do your part to help fight this virus by strictly following the health instructions of regular attentive hand washing and sanitization, physical distancing and no congregation in groups above five persons”.

He said most importantly, persons must wear a mask once outside the home or in an enclosed space which is being shared at close quarters.

“With the discipline that is expected of us together we can fight and beat the uncontrolled expansion of this virus.”

The announcement by Rowley comes as Trinidad and Tobago surpasses 1,000 COVID-19 cases. As of Monday, the twin-island has 1,031 cases and 15 deaths.

CMC

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here