|In observance of the upcoming holidays, Broward County governmental offices will be closed on Christmas and News Year’s Days, December 25, 2017 and January 1, 2018. Online payment services will still be available. A few clarifications and exceptions to office closings are as follows:
–Broward County Library branches with regularly scheduled Sunday hours will close at 6PMon Sunday, December 24th and remain closed through Monday, December 25th. For New Year’s Day, those Broward County Libraries with regularly scheduled Sunday hours will close at6PM on Sunday, December 31st and remain closed through Monday, January 1, 2018. The NSU-Alvin Sherman Library will be open on Sunday, December 24th and Sunday, December 31st from 7:30AM until 8PM; they are closed Monday, December 25th and Monday, January 1, 2018. Customers can visit the County Library’s website or download the Libraries’ free mobile app, BCL WOW, to search the online catalog, place holds, and renew selected materials.
– All Broward County regional and neighborhood parks, nature centers and natural areas, with the exception of Everglades Holiday Park, will be closed on Christmas Day. All parks will be open on New Year’s Day. The regional parks’ weekend gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) will be in effect.
– Broward County Transit will operate Holiday service on Christmas and New Year’s Day. There will be no Breeze or Express Service on those days. Customer service representatives will be available to take calls at 954-357-8400, (TTY 954-357-8302) on Christmas and New Year’s Day from 8:30AM to 4:45PM and Paratransit representatives will be available to take calls from 9:30 am to 4 pm. The Broward Main Bus Terminal in downtown Fort Lauderdale and Northeast Transit Center in Pompano customer service windows will be open from 9 AM to 4 PM on both days.
– Broward’s Port Everglades administrative offices will be closed; however, the building will remain open during normal business hours for tenants. Port Operations’ marine services will be provided at standard levels without interruption on a 24/7 basis.
– The Aviation Department administrative offices at Broward County’s Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-6100. All terminals and airport facilities will operate normally. For additional Airport information visit FLL.net or follow us onTwitter.com/FLLFlyer.
The North Perry Airport administrative office will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-1201. The Airport will operate normally. For additional information on North Perry Airport, visit here.
– Broward County’s Animal Care and Adoption Center will be closed both days, as per the regular Monday schedule. For emergencies only involving animal attacks or bites, injured animals and situations requesting police assistance, call 911. For non-emergency situations, residents can call Animal Care beginning Tuesday, at 8:30AM at 954-359-1313. Residents who have found a litter of kittens can find helpful information here. For lost and found cats or dogs, call 954-359-1313, ext. 9273. Visit our website to search pet license information and adoption online.
– The Office of the Medical Examiner and Trauma Services’ administrative offices will be closed, but all family and professional services are available 24/7. Call 954-357-5200 for information and assistance or visit our website.
– The Broward Addiction Recovery Center will be open for triage/detoxification services. Call954-357-4880 for additional information and assistance. Residential services will continue with no visitors or admissions. Administration, Admissions and Outpatient offices will be closed.
– The Nancy J. Cotterman Center will operate and accept referrals for the Crisis Intervention Unit and the Child Protection Team on a 24-hour emergency basis. Call 954-357-5778 for emergency intakes. For all other non-intake emergencies, call the 24-hour Helpline at 954-761-7273 (954-761-RAPE) or TTY 954-765-4195. The administrative offices will be closedDecember 25th and January 1, 2018.
– Garbage, bulk and recycling for the Broward Municipal Services District will NOT be collected on Christmas Day, December 25th. Garbage, bulk and recycling will be collected on New Year’s Day, January 1st, as regularly scheduled. Residents of all other Broward municipalities should contact their city or hauler directly for scheduling information.
For more information on Broward County services, call 954-357-6990. Hearing- and speech-impaired individuals should call 954-831-3940 TTY.