Palm Beach County Emergency Management officials are ready for the effects of Hurricane Irma as it progresses toward our area. All residents and visitors should be aware of the potential impacts from this powerful storm.
Please visit www.pbcgov.com for the latest information and to review your checklists and emergency plans. For emergency information, please contact the Emergency Information Center at 561-712-6400.
The state has advised that fuel demand is outstripping fuel supply and they advise that all residents shelter within the county. 15 general population shelters will open at 10:00 A.M. Friday:
- Atlantic High School 2455 W Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach 33445
- Boca Raton High School 1501 NW 15th Ct, Boca Raton 33486
- Boynton Beach High School 4975 Park Ridge Boulevard, Boynton Beach 33426
- Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Elem. School 1501 Avenue U, Riviera Beach 33404
- Forest Hill High School 6901 Parker Avenue, West Palm Beach 33405
- Independence Middle School 4001 Greenway Drive Jupiter 33458
- John I Leonard High School 4701 10th Avenue N, Greenacres 33463
- Lakeshore Middle School 425 W Canal St N, Belle Glade 33430
- Palm Beach Central High School 8499 Forest Hill Boulevard, Wellington 33411
- Palm Beach Gardens High School 4245 Holly Drive Palm Beach Gardens 33410
- Park Vista High School 7900 Jog Rd, Lake Worth 33467
- Pahokee Middle School 850 Larrimore Rd, Pahokee 33476
- Seminole Ridge High School 4601 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd, Loxahatchee 33470
- West Boca High School 12811 Glades Rd, Boca Raton 33498
- Westgate Elementary 1545 Loxahatchee Drive, West Palm Beach 33409
Those choosing to go to a hurricane shelter, please bring the following:
- 3 days supply of water
- 2 changes of comfortable clothes
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Cell phone and a battery-operated charger
- Snacks/Special diet foods
- Photocopies of valuable documents
- Games, books and playing cards for entertainment during your stay
- Space is limited, so please pack accordingly
Special Needs Shelter – will open Friday at the South Florida Fairgrounds.
Those who are registered should have received notification. People with special medical needs should register with the Palm Beach County
Special Needs Program by calling (561) 712-6400 or visiting www.readypbc.org.