Jerk Salmon and Mango Dressing
Fancy Caribbean meals don’t have to be hard. Here’s a quick and simple recipe to add some flair to a meal and any occasion.
- 2 heaped tbsp Jamaican jerk paste
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 salmon fillet
- juice 2 limes
- ½ red cabbage, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1 firm but ripe mango, skin removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 onions thinly sliced on an angle
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Mix the jerk seasoning and 1 tbsp honey together in a medium bowl.
- Put salmon fillets on a foil-lined baking tray and brush mixture all over them.
- Cook on the top shelf for 8-10 mins or until cooked through. (move the tray down a shelf if the salmon starts getting too caramelized)
- Put the rest of the honey, lime juice and some seasoning in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add red cabbage, mango, pepper, onions and coriander, and toss through the dressing.
- Serve the salmon on a pile of the salad, slaw, or rice.
Jerk Salmon can be served alone, chopped with mango dressing and rice or salad in a bowl for a festive summer twist.