To assist Broward County residents during the COVID-19 pandemic, several food distribution centers have been established for residents in need as well as a free masks distribution site.
Feeding South Florida, the largest food bank in South Florida, will begin food distribution on Thursday, April 16th at the following locations:
- Pantry of Broward, 610 NW 3rd Street, from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Pembroke Pines, at City Center, 601 City Center Way, from 10 AM to Noon.
- Miramar, at Miramar Central Park, 16801 Miramar Pkwy, from 9 AM-11 AM.
On Friday, April 17th, food distribution begins:
- Mills Pond Park, 2201 NW 9th Ave, in Fort Lauderdale at 9 AM
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach at 9 AM.
On Saturday, April 18th, food distribution is planned at Rayfield, 2210 Pierce Street in Hollywood from 10 AM to Noon.
Open the trunk of your car and drive-thru. For more Broward locations and dates go to https://feedingsouthflorida.
The Las Olas Chabad Jewish Center will host a free drive-thru mask distribution event on Friday, April 17 beginning at noon at 1302 East Las Olas Boulevard in downtown Fort Lauderdale. If you or someone you know is in need of protective masks, this a great way to safely get one at no cost. Participants are reminded that this will be a drive-thru event, so please do not walk up to volunteers in order to receive a mask. Masks will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
COVID-19 Testing in Broward County
Drive-thru testing for COVID-19 is taking place at the following locations:
- Hard Rock Stadium is expanding testing to include anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, 347 Don Shula Dr. in Miami Gardens. Drive-thru testing begins at 9 AM.
- Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium (3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill, FL 33311). Collections will be taken from 9 AM to 5 PM daily.
To meet criteria, individuals must be:
- Prescreened and meet CDC and DOH testing guidelines
- Prequalified with a prescription
- Pre-registered to receive an appointment through the Broward Health call center at 954-320-5730.
If patients do not have a primary care physician and need assistance, they can access Broward Health’s new BHealthy Now app that enables a patient to obtain a virtual health screening from a board-certified physician without leaving home. Physicians on-call will screen patients, assign risk, answer questions, and recommend next steps, such as prescribing a COVID-19 screening.
Visit BrowardHealth.org/COVIDApp for instructions on how to download the app and connect with physicians.
- C.B. Smith Park (900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines) 9 AM-5 PM
Drive-thru site has five lanes and is accessible by vehicle only. Prospective patients will be screened through a vehicle window. Eligible individuals for specimen collection include: first responders who are symptomatic of COVID-19, those aged 65 and over with coronavirus symptoms and individuals who have traveled to infected regions or are immune-compromised. Must bring ID. Site is operated by the Florida National Guard in cooperation with Memorial Healthcare Systems and the Florida Department of Health, at the direction of the Office of the Governor.
- Cleveland Clinic, Krupa Center (3250 Meridian Pkwy, Weston) Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
Potential patients should call the Cleveland Clinic Florida appointment center at 954-659-5951 to be scheduled for a test. Callers will be screened by a nurse who will determine whether the caller meets the federal testing criteria. You must call and be pre-screened for an appointment.