BROWARD COUNTY – Broward County’s Office of Economic and Small Business Development has provided provisions for small businesses to get through the stains of the coronavirus pandemic.
ALL Broward Businesses please note the following:
- On Monday, March 16, 2020 Governor Ron DeSantis activated the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The bridge loan program will provide short-term, interest-free loans to small businesses that experienced economic injury from COVID-19.
- The application IS NOW OPEN as of March 17, 2020 and will remain open through May 8, 2020. More information is at FloridaDisasterLoan.org
- The Governor has requested the federal Small Business Administration (SBA) make the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program available for Florida’s small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) stands ready to assist Florida’s small businesses in accessing this funding when available.
The Office of Economic and Small Business Development is strongly encouraging EVERY Broward County business to compete the Florida Business Damage Assessment Survey which has been activated to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations. The survey, managed by DEO, will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts the virus has had on the local economy, so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin. The survey can be taken online at https://floridadisaster.biz/.
Broward Businesses Seeking Assistance Quick Facts:
Bridge Loan Program Eligibility:
- For Profit Business in the State of Florida
- Located in a designated disaster area (Broward County)
- Business must have been established prior to March 9, 2020
- Government ID
- Federal Business Tax Returns the last 2 completed years
- Personal Tax Returns for the last 2 completed years
For the complete list of eligibility requirements, and necessary documentation, please visit the Florida Business Disaster website at: https://floridadisaster.biz.
Again, the Office of Economic and Small Business Development encourages ALL BUSINESSES to be sure to complete the Business Damage Assessment Survey. The Damage Assessment Survey is critical to determining what additional support and resources are needed by Florida’s small businesses. The Survey can be accessed at https://floridadisaster.biz.