St. Lucia Records New Cases of COVID-19 After A Week of No Active Cases

CASTRIES, St. Lucia – Less than a week after St. Lucia announced that all 15 positive cases had recovered, the island today said it had recorded two more cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) that has infected more than two million people worldwide and killed more than 200,000.

The Ministry of Health in a statement said that it had received the results of 44 samples for persons tested for COVID-19 and of that batch, there were two positive results and 42 negative.

“The first of the two positive results is a 54-year-old female, diabetic, who is a direct contact from a previous positive case and has been in isolation from April 4. She is clinically doing well.

The second case is a 20 year- old male, son of a previously confirmed case, who has been in isolation from April 4, and is doing well,” the Ministry of Health said in the statement.

It said that both of the new cases “are contacts of a confirmed case and have been monitored in quarantine and isolation at the Rodney Bay Public Health Facility from April 4”.

Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Sharon Belmar-George, had last Wednesday said that the island had recorded a 100 per cent recovery rate for all 15 patients who had tested positive for the virus.

“To date, all of the positive cases of COVID-19 in St. Lucia have recovered, with the remaining two cases who were in isolation receiving negative COVID-19 results and have since been discharged from the hospital,” Belmar-George said then, adding “this now places St. Lucia at the 100% recovery rate of all COVID-19 cases”.

CMC

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here