Jerk sweet potato & black bean curry
One pot meals make clean up the kitchen easier you, check out this hearty meal your family won’t want to miss.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 onions, 1 diced and 1 roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- about 50g ginger, roughly chopped
- small bunch coriander, separate leaves and stalks
- 3 tbsp of jerk seasoning
- 2 pieces of thyme
- medium can of chopped tomato
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 crumbled vegetable stock cubes,
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (3 small), peel and cut into chunks
- 2 (400g) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (450g) jar roasted red pepper, cut into thick slices
What to do:
- Gently soak the diced onion in the oil in a big pan.
- Mix the roughly chopped onion, ginger, coriander stalks and jerk seasoning together.
- Add mixture to the onion and fry until fragrant.
- Add the thyme, chopped tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and stock cubes with 2 1/2 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drop in the sweet potatoes and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the beans, peppers and seasoning, and simmer for 5 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender.
Can be served over rice or by itself. Opt out the veggies for chucks of meat or other vegetables. Enjoy!