What better way to celebrate February 3rd as National Carrot Cake Day than with this recipe from Grace Foods? You’ll end up with a cake that’s moist and not mushy, and the best part is you’ll have it in the oven within minutes.
- 10 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 10 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups Grace Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces carrot, peeled and shredded or grated
- 4 ounces nuts, crushed
- 4 ounces raisins, soaked
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F; grease and line a 10-inch cake pan.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs until blended. Gradually add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, Grace Vegetable Oil and shredded carrot, beat to incorporate.
- Divide the dry ingredients into three, folding in each portion of dry ingredient well with the carrot mixture, before adding the other portion.
- Add nuts and raisins and incorporate thoroughly.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the cake springs back when touched lightly (for approximately 45 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.