The six points of distribution (PODs) in Broward County opened to provide water, ice and Meals Ready to Eat (MREs) to residents are consolidating operations:
- The POD at Howard C. Forman Human Services Campus in Pembroke Pines is closed.
- The POD at Patrick Meli Park in Dania Beach is closed.
- The POD at McTyre Park, 3501 SW 56th Ave. in West Park has a few remaining supplies of ice and water and will remain open until 7PM Friday or until supplies are depleted.
- The POD at Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road in Deerfield Beach is distributing ice, water and MREs until 6PM Friday.
- The POD at C.B. Smith Regional Park, 900 N. Flamingo Road in Pembroke Pines is distributing water and MREs until 6PM Friday.
- Supplies remaining at the Quiet Waters and C.B. Smith Park pods will be relocated to Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill, effective Saturday, September 16and Sunday, September 17 from 8am to 6pm. Water, ice and Meals Ready-To-Eat (MRE) until supplies are depleted.
In addition, The Urban League of Broward County and friends of the community will provide hot meals from food trucks on Saturday, September 16, from 10 am to 2 pm at Dillard High School located at 2501 NW 11th St, Fort Lauderdale, 33311.