The Grand Prize Contest has expired.
But don’t worry. You have more chances to win in our upcoming Weekly Contests. Click the button below to enter the Next Weekly Contest!
General Rules & Disclaimer
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Participants must be eighteen (18) years or older to enter.
- The Grand Prize Contest begins at 12:01 AM (ET) on Friday, June 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on Wednesday, June 13, 2018.
- Prizes: Participants have an opportunity to win one (1) Grand prize consisting of two round trip economy airline tickets from Fort Lauderdale to Jamaica – (more to be added and weekly prizes – To TBD.
- Draw dates/Deadline dates: Weekly prizes will be drawn prior to the upcoming weekly contest. The Grand Prize will be drawn at 10.30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 28. The deadline for entry for the Grand Prize Contest is on Wednesday, June 13 at 11.59 p.m.
- Winner Selection: Winners will be selected based on the number of points accumulated (See POINT SYSTEM section) All decisions will be final. The names and photos of the winners will be printed in the National Weekly and posted at www.cnwnetwork.com. In the event of a TIE, a winner will be selected at random. The Weekly Contest points also act as BONUS POINTS towards the Grand Prize Contest, where the winner will win a roundtrip ticket for 2 on Caribbean Airlines.
- No responsibility is assumed by National Weekly or any sponsor for any computer, online, human error or technical malfunction that may occur and affect the qualification of your entry to this contest.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is not available. All taxes, shipping costs, insurance and any other costs not stated herein are the responsibility of the winner.
- Eligibility: Participation is open to all persons except employees of National Weekly, its parent, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate family members and friends.
- General Conditions: All taxes, custom duties, shipping and any such expenses shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The prize will be awarded and the winner will be notified via phone or email within one (1) day after each week’s winner is determined. Winner will be required to attend prize awarding and be available for photo opportunities with the Sponsors. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Inability to contact prize winner or return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrants further grant to Sponsor the right to use their email addresses and publish their proper name and state of residence online, in print and in any other media in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or any prize won.
- Internet: If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- SPONSORS: Caribbean Airlines Limited, CNW Network, Caribcast TV and Goldson Spine Chiropractic Center.
General Points System
The points are calculated as follows:
Grand Prize Contest
The Grand Prize Contest begins on June 1, 2018 and the deadline for submissions will be on June 13, 2018. The points are allocated as follows:
World Cup Winner – 20
Golden Boot Winner – 5
Most Valuable Player – 5
Golden Gloves – 5
The Weekly contests consist of 5 weeks: Three PICK 8 contests, two PICK 4 contests, and a PICK 2 Contests. The point allocation is shown below, and the Weekly Contests points act as BONUS POINTS for the Grand Prize Contest.
Pick 4 Games – 2 (points/game)
Pick 8 Games – 2 (points/game)
Pick 2 Games – 2 (points/game)
The PICK 8 Contest consist of of 8 games in the group stage of the World Cup, of which you need to predict the outcome. Either a WIN, LOSS or DRAW. Each correct game prediction is worth 2 points.
- PICK 4
The PICK 4 Contest consist of of 4 quarterfinal games. The outcome of the Group Stage standings will predict which games will be generated in the quarterfinals. You must predict the outcome of the games using the result: WIN, LOSS or DRAW, as well as a Score Prediction. Each correct game prediction is worth 2 points and each correct score (from either team) is worth 1 point. Therefore, each game is worth a maximum of 4 points.
- PICK 2
The PICK 2 Contest games consist of the two semifinal games that will be generated from the result of the quarterfinal games. You must predict the outcome of the games (WIN, LOSS or DRAW) along with the correct number of goals to be scored by each team. Each correct game prediction is worth 2 points and each correct score (from either team) is worth 1 point. Therefore, each game is worth a maximum of 4 points.
All points gained from the PICK 8, PICK 4, and PICK 2 games can be used as BONUS POINTS towards the Grand Prize Contest.