Trinidad nationals with ‘significant’ criminal records deported from US

A joint operation between U.S. officials and Trinidad and Tobago authorities facilitated the arrival of a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement deportation charter flight at Piarco International Airport on June 12.

- Advertisement -
Taste Of the Caribbean Islands-728x90

The flight carried five Trinbagonian nationals — three men and two women, ages 19 to 57 — all with significant criminal records, according to the U.S. Embassy. One individual, who had previously been deported from the United States, was found to have an outstanding warrant in Trinidad and Tobago for robbery.

Upon arrival, the deportees were processed by Trinidad and Tobago Customs and Immigration Division and the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service. Representatives from the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services and the nonprofit organization Vision on Mission were also on hand to assist individuals in need of support services.

The U.S. Embassy expressed appreciation for the assistance provided by the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority, Customs and Immigration Division, Airport Authority, and police in the receipt and processing of the deportees.

“This latest cooperative effort highlights the close working relationship between our nations, our law enforcement professionals, and all levels of government in facilitating a top U.S. administration priority to ensure secure our borders,” said U.S. Chargé d’Affaires Dr. Jenifer Neidhart de Ortiz.

The five Trinidadians deported follow a group of over 20 other nationals who were deported from the U.S. last month. Three sex offenders, a convicted murderer, a human trafficker, and several immigration violators were said to be among that group of deportees.

Palooza 728x90

In the past 10 years, over 4,000 T&T nationals were deported from the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

More Stories

Falmouth students receive school supplies months after Hurricane Melissa from Disney Cruise Line–Good360

Students at Falmouth Primary School in Trelawny have received new school supplies and children’s books as part of a disaster recovery initiative led by...
guyana President Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali

Guyana rolls out real-time payments and opens banking sector to new international players

Guyana is preparing for a major overhaul of its financial system with the launch of a real-time payment platform and the entry of new...

INDECOM probes fatal police shooting of woman as body camera debate reignites

The Independent Commission of Investigations (INDECOM) in Jamaica has launched a probe into the fatal police shooting of 45-year-old Latoya Bulgin, also known as...
Haiti's new PM Alix Didier Fils-Aimé names 18-member Cabinet

Haiti launches nationwide electoral security training program ahead of planned elections

Prime Minister Alix Didier Fils-Aimé has launched a nationwide training program aimed at strengthening electoral security and improving conditions for credible elections across Haiti,...
Rick Fox

Rick Fox named to Bahamian Senate after election loss in Garden Hills

Former NBA player Rick Fox has been selected by the opposition Free National Movement (FNM) to serve in the Bahamian Senate following the country’s...
Cheddi Jagan International Airport Guyana

Guyana airport solar project expected to save US$800,000 annually

A new three-meawatt grid-tied solar photovoltaic plant slated for installation at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport is expected to save approximately US$800,000 annually in...
Central Bank of Barbados

Barbados regulators monitoring transactions linked to 1MDB scandal

Financial regulators in Barbados are monitoring suspicious financial transactions involving millions of dollars allegedly linked to funds misappropriated from Malaysia’s state-owned 1Malaysia Development Berhad...
bermuda government house

Bermuda moves toward sweeping electoral reform this September

The Government of Bermuda has confirmed a major step forward in its electoral reform agenda, announcing that an Electoral Reform Working Group is now...
Hantavirus

Westmoreland health officials step up surveillance amid regional hantavirus concerns

Health authorities in Westmoreland have intensified surveillance measures in response to regional concerns about hantavirus, even though no confirmed cases have been detected in...
Antigua and Barbuda to host investment conference in March 2025

Antigua and Barbuda moves to make Spanish official second language

Antigua and Barbuda is set to make Spanish its official second language under a new government policy aimed at expanding multilingual education and strengthening...

Latest Articles