A growing number of families count on local food pantries year-round to feed their households. Join the County as residents and County employees are asked to help meet the need for nonperishable foods by donating to Broward County’s Holiday Food Drive.
Since 2010, Broward County employees and residents have collected almost 36,000 pounds of food for local food banks through a 365 Year-Round Food Drive. Residents can help by bringing any of the suggested nonperishable food items to any of the County’s collection locations listed below:
- Governmental Center, 115 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- Government Center West, 1 N. University Drive, Plantation
- Main Courthouse, 201 SE Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale
- North Regional County Courthouse, 1600 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- South Regional County Courthouse, 3550 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
- West Regional County Courthouse, 100 N. Pine Island Road, Plantation
- Water and Wastewater Services, 2555 W. Copans Road, Pompano Beach
- Port Everglades, 1850 Eller Drive, Fort Lauderdale
- Aviation Department, 2200 SW 45 Street, Dania Beach
- Broward County Main Library and all branch libraries
“We must work together to combat hunger and homelessness in our community. During this holiday season and through the year, please be generous and donate whatever you can to feed children and families in need in Broward County,” said Mayor Tim Ryan.
Suggested Food Items include:
- Canned Meats
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruits
- Canned Fish
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly or Jam
- Shelf Milk
- Beans – Dry and Canned
- Baby Food
For more information, visit Broward.org/fooddrive.