Miami Dade Public Schools expands after school meals program

Miami Dade Public Schools expands after school meals program

Miami-Dade County Public Schools currently provides the After school Meals Program, a subcomponent of the Child Care Food Program under the U.S. Department of Agriculture, in over 200 county schools. The District has announced the extension of the program to the South Miami Middle School and the Miami Senior High when the new academic year begins.

The program is designed primarily to provide nutritious meals to children in after school programs and selected dates on Saturday school throughout the school district. Starting on January 9, 2017 at South Miami Middle, and January 14, 2017 on Saturdays at Miami Senior High, a meal is available at no separate charge to the children enrolled in the after-school care programs.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

- Advertisement -

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider

Other Articles

Latest Articles

Skip to content