A group of 22 soccer players from across the region have a shot at a golden ticket early next year – a Major League Soccer contract in the US.
The almost two dozen players have been invited to participate in the 2018 MLS Caribbean Combine, which will take place from Jan. 9-11at the Sawgrass Hotel and Suites Sports Complex in Fort Lauderdale.
Players will compete in front of scouts for three days for the potential to be signed directly by an MLS club during an upcoming transfer window.
The Caribbean Combine will lead into the 2018 Adidas MLS Player Combine, which will be held from Jan. 11- 17 in Orlando.
Both Combines will be followed by the 2018 MLS SuperDraft presented by Adidas on Jan. 19th in Philadelphia.
The full list of Caribbean Combine invitees are:
- Oniel Anderson of Jamaica
- Maalique Foster of Jamaica
- Alex Marshall of Jamaica
- Jeff Beljour of the Turks & Caicos
- Gilbert Tilus of the Turks & Caicos
- Mazhye Burchall of Bermuda
- Thierry Catherine of Martinique
- Jonah Ebanks of the Cayman Islands
- Kyle Edwards of St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- Djai Essed of Saint Maarten
- Jules Haabo of French Guiana
- Hadan Holligan of Barbados
- Tyrique Lake of Anguilla
- Germain Hughes of Anguilla
- Andrez Joseph of Dominica
- Gylles Mitchel of Dominica
- Yohannes Mitchum of St. Kitts & Nevis
- Nickenson Paul of Aruba
- Na-jir Jacques Peney of Curacao
- Jamarlie Stevens of Antigua
- Kathon St. Hillaire of Trinidad & Tobago
- Josiah Trimmingham of Trinidad & Tobago