MIAMI – Small business owners in Miami-Dade’s District 4 are invited to apply for Commissioner Sally Heyman’s Annual Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program.
Applicants may be eligible to receive up to $5,000, depending on the number of applicants, which can be used for purchasing equipment, supplies, inventory, commercial liability insurance, security systems, advertising and marketing and making minor renovations. Applications will be accepted February 3 through February 21, 2020.
Business owners interested in applying for the 2020 District 4 Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program must meet the following criteria:
- existed for at least two year(s)
- has not been awarded this grant three or more times
- employ no more than seven employees
- currently not in default or non-compliance with any County loan or grant program
- is not affiliated with a national chain
- does not own more than two businesses
- does not engage in illegal activity at the stated business location
Applications must be received no later than 12 noon on Feb. 21, 2020 or they will not be accepted. Completed original applications can be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Commissioner Sally A. Heyman, District 4 Office
1100 NE 163rd Street, #303
North Miami Beach, FL 33162
Only one application per business will be accepted. Non-profit agencies are not eligible for funding. Home-based businesses are welcome to apply. Businesses that received funding less than three times in the past can apply. Applications must be typed or printed. Illegible, incomplete, faxed or scanned applications will be disqualified.
Guidelines for the Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program require that each approved recipient attend a mandatory business training workshop to be scheduled at a later date.